Part-Bred Breeding Book Regulations (PBBR)
Parentage Verification through DNA
Sample Registration Documents
Part-Bred Photo Album
UNIVERSAL EQUINE LIFE NUMBER
FHS has the Universal Equine Life Number to register the Friesian horse in the United States and Canada.
All Registreis that participate in the International recognition that a UELN provides, have a UELN for their breed in their country. For instance, the KFPS has the UELN for the Friesian in the Netherlands.
This UELN will insure that your FHS registered Friesian can be uniquely identified throughout the world! Registries participating in the UELN have the ability to exchange important data concerning the horses such as the pedigree, owner, breeder, etc.
FHS registers Part-Bred Friesians (with proof of heritage) that are at least 50% Friesian. Microchiping and DNA is required for all registered horses and is included in the registration fee.
Crossbreeding took place centuries ago and has again become popular in recent years. By taking the Friesian qualities and mixing them with qualities from other breeds, a very unique blend of equine abilities and features are attained by the Friesian influence.
FHS has recently developed Breeding Book Regulations just for Part-Bred Friesians. The PBBR offers guidelines for breeders to produce a versatile horse that displays a functional well-proportioned conformation combined with characteristics of the Friesian breed, health and vitality, and an aptitude for achievement in equestrian sports.
All Part-Bred Friesians registered or recorded with FHS are eligible to be judged at FHS Inspections and receive premiums and predicates. The purpose of an Inspection is to have the horses inspected by independent reputable judges to give an unbiased assessment of conformation and movement, as it relates to the standard set in the PBBR. Inspections also aids breeders by educating about what they are producing and how to improve the breed and to hopefully increase the value of the horses. FHS registered Part-Bred Friesians are eligible to compete at IFHSA events and also eligible for sport predicates with FHS from scores they have earned at USEF Sanctioned events with USDF, ADS, USHJA and USEA.
- A newsletter to keep you updated on FHS news, North American events, educational articles, stories and more.
- A password to the Members News Forum on the FHS website, which has news, information, specials and more for members only.
- Opportunities to advertise your horses or services for sale through FHS, including free Classified advertisements on the FHS website.
- Listing for Approved/Prov. Stallions on the website homepage and in the monthly newsletter.
- Annual Inspections that evaluate the conformation, performance and beauty of your horses, showing strengths and weaknesses, with a standardized quantitative scoring system that is unbiased.
- Internationaly recognized Registration papers for all (with proof of heritage) Purebred & Part-Bred Friesians with the Universal Equine Life Number (UELN) for Friesians in USA & Canada. BBR based on FPS standards and recognize all B-book & D-book Registers.
- European Papers and FEI Passports for Arabo-Friesians.
- FHS Registered horses recognized by USEF, USDF and IFSHA.
- FHS/USDF members competing in approved competitions will also be eligible for the "USDF All-Breeds Awards".
- Discounts on membership renewals for new member referals.
- Specially designed apparel offers to show your support of FHS.
- Discounts for equine products and services from A Bit of Bling & the Biscuit Barn, The Hay Hut & more.
- Unsurpassed support from FHS.